Procurement Services Organizational Update April 29, 2013
Concur and Ariba 1 will be implemented this summer. Starting in August, Procurement Services plans to carry out a comprehensive and collaborative review of our procurement, accounts payables and related services, central and de-central organization alignment, structures, skillsets, training, development and certification needs, and job descriptions. As our enhanced processes and systems are adopted, the nature of our work will evolve. In the interim, we will work diligently to both drive and adopt those changes while continuing to serve our internal customers and deliver savings and other ‘value’ improvements, as well as manage and control procurement risks.
Change is continuous and as we move forward, we will continue to evolve our organization to best align with the needs for the short-, mid- and long-term benefit of Purdue. With that said I am pleased to announce additional organizational news and initiatives:
- Carol Conner, Manager of Procurement Business Process, has been approved for Voluntary Early Partial Retirement (VEPR) as of July 1st 2013. Carol will work 3 days a week during her partial retirement period focusing primarily on key areas such as Supplier Enablement in Ariba, Training and Education for Procurement, and Procurement Policy, Process and Procedure development. Nathan Elias will continue to play a lead role with Carol to drive the Supplier Enablement and Adoption initiative. Carol will continue to be highly visible in her role and remain a valued member of my staff during the period of her partial retirement.
- I am delighted to appoint Krista Hixson to the position of Manager of Procurement Business Process reporting to me effective May 20th. Krista will assume the additional responsibility of Procurement Process Transformation Program Management and will work out the final details of the transition plan with Carol. Members of the Procurement Services team currently reporting to Carol will transition to be reporting to Krista by no later than July 1, 2013.
- Denny Feldman, Manager of Strategic Sourcing and Contracting, will focus on the management of the contracting group and the transformation of the procurement contracting process, practices and policies (pre and post-award), as well as the organizational and professional development needs for the contracting group and others in the contracting process. He will lead the implementation and adoption of Ariba’s contract management system and reporting. Denny, in his role as a senior negotiator, will also act as a resource to the rest of the management team for major negotiations and disputes and continue to work directly with the ITaP Senior Leadership Team and other key stakeholders on university-wide IT Hardware, Software and Services contracts.
- Julie Smith (Purchasing Agent) and Vicky Walker (Purchasing Assistant) will begin reporting directly to Vicki Mayes, Manager of Strategic Sourcing from Monday April 29th. Julie and Vicky will join Luann Heath (Purchasing Agent) and Jessica Brooks (Purchasing Assistant) as part of a flexible team focused on a wide variety of categories including Scientific Equipment and Supplies as well as IT and Office-type equipment sourcing and services. The team will continue to consult with Denny Feldman for specific subject matter and contracting and negotiation expertise in all IT-related categories.
- Vicki Mayes will work closely with Dave Barnett, Manager of Sourcing for MRO and related products and services, as well as with the other members of my staff to prioritize the work of our Procurement Agents and Assistants in line with our overall sourcing priorities, the varying demands of our internal customers and the requirements generated by our transformation. David and Vicki will be joint chairs of the Strategic Sourcing meeting previously run by Denny, and they will work directly with Brian Gilbert and Matt Westhuis and others to ensure the ongoing, timely and accurate reporting of Strategic Sourcing, and Procurement Cost Savings and Cost Avoidance results.
- Gayle Stetler continues with her responsibilities of leading the Accounts Payables function, P-Card administration, and the transformation and management of Travel Services processes and systems. Gayle will play the key leadership role with me to review further improvement opportunities in these functions post Concur and Ariba-1 implementation in collaboration with our partners in Business Management and the various Procurement groups.
Thanks to everyone for their support, patience and very hard work during these times of great change and opportunity.
Philip D. O’Keeffe
Director of Procurement Service
|Contact: Cindi Stinebaugh,
business analyst, Procurement Services, Phone: 66444|